Let’s make a skillet cheese bread that looks delicious! Check out the simple, easy and quick recipe to make!
Skillet Cheese Bread
See the ingredients used to make your Skillet Cheese Bread delicious and follow the simple step-by-step instructions.
1 cup sweet cassava starch
1/2 cup of grated cheese (traditionally, half-cured Minas cheese is used, but you can use mozzarella cheese or another cheese of your choice)
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup oil (can be vegetable oil, coconut oil or melted butter)
A bit of salt
- In a bowl, place the sweet cassava starch and set aside.
- In a small pan, heat the milk with the oil (or butter) and salt. Do not let it boil, just heat until the oil (or butter) is completely melted.
- Pour the hot mixture over the tapioca starch in the bowl and mix well. This will blanch the tapioca and form a dough.
- Let the mixture cool slightly so you can touch it without burning yourself. Then add the egg and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add the grated cheese and mix well until you obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- When the frying pan is hot, take small portions of the dough with a spoon and place them in the pan, forming small discs. Leave space between them as they will expand a little.
- Cook the cheese breads over medium-low heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden and firm.
- Remove the cheese breads from the skillet and place them on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious skillet cheese bread!