Check out the pineapple pie that we will make with this simple and easy-to-make recipe. It will look great!
Make your Pineapple Pie using the necessary ingredients and follow the step-by-step preparation instructions.
- For the cake base:
2 cups of wheat flour
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon of baking powder
A bit of salt
- For the pineapple filling:
1 large pineapple or a can of pineapple in syrup (approximately 2 cups of chopped pineapple)
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- To the roof:
1 cup fresh cream (or ready-made whipped cream)
2 tablespoons of sugar
Shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a tart pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, egg, melted butter, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Mix well until a homogeneous dough forms.
- Press the dough into the pie pan, covering the bottom and sides. Poke a few holes in the base with a fork to prevent it from inflating while baking. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden.
- While the dough bakes, prepare the pineapple filling. If you are using fresh pineapple, peel it, remove the core and cut into small pieces. If using canned pineapple, drain it well.
- In a pan, mix the chopped pineapple with the sugar and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves and the pineapple thickens slightly. This will take about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the dough is ready and has cooled slightly, pour the pineapple filling over the baked pie base.
- Let the pie cool completely to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Before serving, prepare the topping by beating the fresh cream with the sugar until firm peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the pineapple pie.
- If desired, sprinkle grated coconut on top of the topping.
- Cut the pie into slices and serve.