Make an oven-baked pastry, a healthy and delicious option to eat at any time of the day!
See the list of ingredients needed to prepare your baked pastry!
- For mass:
3 cups of wheat flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup warm water
- For the filling (you can choose the filling of your choice, such as meat, cheese, chicken, hearts of palm, etc.):
250g minced meat (or other filling of your choice)
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup cheese (or topping of your choice), cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Prepare the filling: In a pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft and golden. Add the ground beef (or other filling of your choice) and cook until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
- To make the dough: In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt. Add the vegetable oil and mix well until the mixture has a crumb-like texture. Gradually add the warm water and mix until the dough starts to come together.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for a few minutes until it is smooth and homogeneous. Divide the dough into two parts.
- Roll out one part of the dough with a rolling pin until it is approximately 2-3 mm thick.
- Cut circles out of dough with a cookie cutter or glass. Place some of the filling in the center of each dough circle and add a piece of cheese or the filling of your choice on top.
- Fold the dough in half to cover the filling and press the edges with a fork to seal the pastries.
- Repeat the process with the second part of the dough.
- Place the filled pastries on a non-stick baking tray or one lined with baking paper.
- Bake the pastries in the preheated oven at 200°C for around 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving. Serve hot and enjoy!