This potato rosti recipe is delicious! Learn how to do it in a simple, quick and easy way!
Check the ingredients needed to prepare your potato rosti and follow the instructions.
4 large potatoes, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- Grate the potatoes using a cheese grater or a food processor with the grating attachment. You can choose to grate the potatoes into fine or coarser pieces, depending on the texture you want.
- Place the grated potatoes in a colander and press them with your hands or a clean kitchen towel to remove excess moisture. This helps to obtain a crispier potato rosti.
- In a large bowl, mix the grated potatoes with the melted butter or olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you want to add cheese, mix it with the potatoes at this point.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Make sure the oil covers the bottom of the pan well.
- When the oil is hot, add the potato mixture to the skillet, pressing it into an even disk. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the bottom is golden and crispy.
- Use a plate large enough to cover the skillet and invert the potato rosti onto the plate. Then slide it back into the skillet to cook the other side.
- Continue cooking for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until both sides are golden and crispy.
- Remove the potato rosti from the pan and place it on a plate. Cut into slices and serve hot.