See how this Tapioca Dadinho recipe is easy and delicious!
To prepare your Tapioca Dadinho, use these ingredients below and follow the preparation step-by-step.
500g granulated tapioca
300g grated curd cheese
750ml of milk
1 teaspoon of salt
Vegetable oil for frying
1/2 cup pepper jelly (or sauce of your choice)
- In a large bowl, mix the granulated tapioca, grated coalho cheese and salt.
- In a pan, heat the milk until it starts to boil. Pour the hot milk over the tapioca and cheese mixture. Stir well until you get a homogeneous mass.
- Line a rectangular mold (approximately 20x20cm) with parchment paper and pour the tapioca dough into the mold, leveling it with a spatula to make it uniform.
- Let the dough rest for at least 2 hours at room temperature or refrigerate for about 1 hour to firm up.
- After the dough is firm, cut into small cubes or in the shape of dadinhos.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan. When the oil is very hot (approximately 180°C), fry the tapioca dadinhos in small portions until golden and crispy.
- Remove the dadinhos with a slotted spoon and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve the Dadinhos de Tapioca hot accompanied by your favorite sauce, such as pepper jelly.