Make a simple and easy chicken pie with the recipe we selected for you! See how to do it:
Simple Chicken Pot Pie
Check out the list of ingredients needed to make your simple chicken pie. The step-by-step recipe is easy to follow.
2 cups of wheat flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine (chilled and cut into cubes)
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 to 6 tablespoons of ice water
- Chicken Stuffing
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
1 chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 grated carrot
1 cup green corn (can be canned)
1 cup peas (can be canned)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Start by preparing the pie dough. In a large bowl, mix the wheat flour and salt. Add the diced cold butter and, using a pastry cutter or your fingertips, mix until you get a crumb-like texture.
- Add the ice water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough starts to come together. Form the dough into a ball, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is resting in the fridge, prepare the chicken filling. In a pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add the shredded chicken, grated carrot, corn, peas and tomato sauce to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for a few minutes until all ingredients are well mixed and the filling is heated through.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide it into two parts, one a little larger than the other. Roll out the larger part with a rolling pin on a floured surface until it is large enough to line the bottom and sides of a pie pan.
- Place the chicken filling in the dough-lined pan.
- Roll out the second part of the dough to make the pie lid and cover the filling. Press the edges of the dough to seal the pie.
- Make a few small cuts in the top of the dough to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until the pastry is golden.
- Remove the pie from the oven, let it cool slightly and serve.