Make a delicious Pudding Cake to serve as dessert. Check out the recipe below to make yours perfect:
Check out the ingredients needed to make your Pudding Cake. Follow the preparation instructions:
- For the caramel:
1 cup of sugar
- For the cake:
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of wheat flour
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
- For the pudding:
1 can of condensed milk
The same size as the can of whole milk
- Start by preparing the caramel. In a saucepan, melt the sugar over medium heat until it turns into a golden caramel. Be careful not to burn. Pour the caramel into a pudding mold, spreading it over the bottom and sides of the mold.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In the blender, place all the cake ingredients: eggs, sugar, wheat flour, milk, oil and yeast. Beat well until you obtain a homogeneous mass.
- Pour the cake batter over the caramel in the pan.
- In a blender, prepare the pudding mix. Beat the condensed milk, whole milk and eggs until smooth.
- Gently pour the pudding mixture over the cake batter in the pan. The pudding mix will sink into the cake batter during baking, creating the signature texture of pudding cake.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place it on a larger baking sheet. Fill the larger pan with hot water until it reaches approximately half the height of the pudding cake pan. This will help cook the pudding cake in a bain-marie.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Once cool, refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to firm up.
- To unmold the pudding cake, run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen it. Place a large plate over the pan and carefully turn it upside down so that the caramel runs over the pudding cake.
- Serve the pudding cake chilled and enjoy!