Make a delicious roasted tapioca biscuit for breakfast and afternoon!
Polvilho Baked Biscuit
See the step-by-step instructions you must follow to make your Roasted Tapioca Biscuit. Use the ingredients below.
500g sour cassava starch
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup vegetable oil (can be corn oil, canola oil, etc.)
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a pan, boil the water. As soon as it starts to boil, turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl, place the sour cassava starch and salt.
- Pour boiling water over the cassava starch. Mix well with a wooden spoon until you obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Add the oil to the mixture and stir well until completely incorporated.
- Wait for the dough to cool slightly, as you don’t want the eggs to cook from the heat of the mixture.
- Then add the eggs to the dough and continue mixing until they are completely incorporated. The dough will be sticky, but that’s how it should be.
- Now, you can shape the cookies. You can make small balls the size of a walnut or use a cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving space between them so they can expand a little during baking.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool before enjoying.