Nothing better than a delicious, easy and economical recipe, like this incredible, super fluffy water bread!
Practical and made with simple ingredients, this water bread is approved by everyone who tries it!
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
2 cups (tea) of wheat flour
3 tablespoons of sugar
5 grams of dry yeast
200 ml of water at room temperature
Chia, sesame or other seeds of your choice
- In a large bowl add the water at room temperature, sugar, yeast and stir with a spatula until dissolved.
- Add the wheat flour little by little while continuing to mix the ingredients well. Add the salt and mix until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover with plastic or cloth and let it rest for 20 minutes. Then sprinkle a little wheat flour and add warm or cold melted butter or margarine.
- Stir again very well and start working the dough with your hands, pulling the edges towards the center until you complete one turn. Repeat the process 2 to 3 times.
- Divide the dough into 8 parts and shape them lightly with a little wheat flour on your hands to avoid sticking (don’t put too much flour on your hands otherwise the dough will be tough).
- Arrange the shaped parts side-by-side in a mold or refractory with a little flour on the bottom and sprinkle chia, sesame or other seeds you prefer into the dough.
- Cover the dough again and let it rest for another 60 minutes. Place in the preheated oven at 180º₢ and bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- Carefully remove the bread from the oven, let it cool a little at room temperature and it’s ready.