Make a Simple Rice Cake with this quick and easy recipe! Look:
Simple Rice Cake
Make a Simple Rice Cake with the ingredients below and following the preparation instructions. See the step by step:
2 cups of cooked rice
1/2 cup grated cheese (can be parmesan)
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 small onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked rice, grated cheese, wheat flour, egg, chopped onion and chopped garlic. Make sure all ingredients are well combined.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Remember that the cheese is already salty, so be careful when adding the salt.
- With damp hands, form small balls with the mixture. You can give it any shape you prefer, they are usually round or croquette-shaped dumplings.
- In a deep frying pan, heat enough oil to cover the rice balls. Make sure the oil is very hot before you start frying.
- Place the dumplings in the hot oil, carefully, avoiding overcrowding the pan. Fry them until they are golden and crispy, turning them occasionally to ensure they cook evenly.
- Remove the dumplings with a slotted spoon and place them on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve the rice balls hot. They are delicious on their own or accompanied by hot sauce, mayonnaise or any other sauce of your choice.