Bolinho de rain is a classic Brazilian culinary delight, perfect to enjoy on rainy days or any time you want a delicious dessert or snack.
Simple Rain Cake
Below is a simple recipe to prepare rain dumplings:
2 cups of wheat flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 cup of milk
Sugar and cinnamon for sprinkling (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the wheat flour, sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and then add the milk, mixing well.
- Gradually add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing until you obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Heat oil in a pan deep enough to fry the dumplings.
- Once the oil is hot, use two spoons to scoop up small portions of dough and carefully place them into the hot oil.
- Fry the dumplings until they are golden on all sides.
- Remove the fried dumplings with a slotted spoon and place them on a plate with absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- If desired, sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the still-warm dumplings.
- Serve the simple dumplings and enjoy them while they are warm and delicious!