Make a simple orange cake that tastes really good! This cake will be great. See the recipe:
Simple orange cake
See the list of ingredients needed to prepare your simple orange cake. Follow the instructions below:
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil (such as canola or sunflower oil)
1 cup fresh orange juice (about 3-4 oranges)
2 cups of wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
Zest of 1 orange (optional, for more flavor)
Butter and flour to grease and flour the pan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a round pan (approximately 24 cm in diameter) with butter and sprinkle with flour, or use baking paper on the bottom to prevent the cake from sticking.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the oil and mix well until incorporated.
- Add the orange juice and, if desired, the orange zest. Mix again.
- Sift the wheat flour and baking powder over the liquid mixture. Mix until the dough is homogeneous, but don’t mix too much to avoid making the cake heavy.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes in the pan. Then, turn the cake out onto a plate or cooling rack and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled, you can sprinkle powdered sugar on top or prepare a topping of your choice, such as simple orange syrup or chocolate frosting.