This Pumpkin Puree is great for your lunch and dinner. See how simple and easy it is to do:
Check out the step-by-step preparation method to make your Pumpkin Puree delicious. Use the ingredients below:
1 pumpkin (about 1.5 kg)
2 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
Nutmeg to taste (optional)
- Start by preparing the pumpkin. Cut it in half and remove the seeds and skin. Then cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Place the pumpkin pieces in a large pan and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt to the water.
- Place the pan over medium heat and let the pumpkin cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until it is soft enough to be easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the pumpkin and return the pieces to the empty pan.
- Use a potato ricer, potato masher or blender to mash the pumpkin until puree. If using a blender, be careful not to over-process as this can make the puree too runny.
- Add the butter to the pumpkin puree and mix well until the butter melts and is completely incorporated.
- If desired, add cream to add a touch of creaminess to the puree. Mix well.
- Season the pumpkin puree with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Nutmeg is optional, but it adds a special flavor to the dish.
- Return the pumpkin puree to the heat for a few minutes, stirring continuously, to heat it again if necessary.
- Serve pumpkin puree warm as a side dish for dishes like beef, chicken, fish, or even as part of a Thanksgiving dinner.