Do you want to make a Pastry Dough that looks just like the pastries at the fair? Check out the recipe!
To prepare your Pastry Dough you will need to use the ingredients below and follow the step-by-step preparation instructions.
2 cups of wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup warm water
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (can be corn oil, sunflower oil, etc.)
- In a large bowl, mix the wheat flour and salt.
- Add the warm water and vegetable oil to the flour mixture.
- Start mixing the ingredients with a spoon or spatula, and then continue kneading with your hands until you form a smooth, homogeneous dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and continue kneading for a few more minutes, until it is smooth and elastic.
- Form the dough into a ball and place it back in the bowl. Cover with a clean cloth and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- After the rest time, divide the dough into small portions and, using a rolling pin, roll out each piece on a floured surface until it is very thin, but be careful not to tear it.
- With the dough rolled out, you can fill the pastries with the filling of your choice. Some traditional options are ground beef, cheese, chicken with catupiry, hearts of palm, among others.
- Fold the dough over the filling and press the edges with a fork to seal well.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan or deep fryer, and when it is hot, fry the pastries until they are golden and crispy.
- Remove the pastries with a slotted spoon and place them on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil.