Make an orange peel cake for your afternoon and morning coffee. Check out the easy and simple recipe:
Orange skin cake
See the list of ingredients needed to prepare your orange cake with peel and see the instructions needed for preparation.
3 medium oranges (organic, preferably, to avoid pesticide residue)
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
- Wash the oranges well under running water to remove any dirt or residue.
- In a small pan, place the whole oranges and cover with water. Place over medium heat and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the oranges are soft. This will help reduce the bitterness of the peel.
- Remove the oranges from the water, cut them in half and remove the seeds. Then, place the oranges, with the peel, in a blender or food processor and blend until you obtain a homogeneous mixture. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a cake pan (it can be round or rectangular, depending on your preference).
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until you obtain a creamy mixture.
- Add the vegetable oil and mix well.
- Add the orange mixture (from step 3) little by little to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Sift the wheat flour together with the baking powder over the orange mixture and mix gently until the dough is homogeneous.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes in the pan before removing it from the mold. Then let it cool completely on a wire rack.