Make delicious pasta for your lunch and dinner! Check out the simple and easy recipe:
Check out the macaroni recipe using the ingredients below and following the step-by-step preparation instructions.
250g pasta (penne, screw, tie, etc.)
1 large carrot, grated
1/2 cup green corn (optional)
1/2 cup peas (optional)
1/2 cup cooked and shredded ham or chicken breast (optional)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup of cream
2 tablespoons mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped parsley (optional)
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions. Drain and reserve.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the other ingredients. Grate the carrot, cook the peas (if using) and cut the ham or chicken into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the shredded carrot, corn, peas (if using), and ham or chicken to the mayonnaise mixture. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- When the pasta is ready and drained, add it to the bowl with the other ingredients. Mix everything gently so that the sauce evenly covers the pasta and other ingredients.
- If desired, add chopped parsley for a touch of freshness and color.
- Refrigerate the pasta for at least an hour before serving, so that the flavors mix and the dish is well chilled.
- Serve the pasta as a side dish or as a main dish. It’s great for barbecues, picnics and other informal occasions.