Making the famous and delicious brown icing sweet at home is very easy and surprises many people due to the practicality of preparation!
Icing Brown (Sweet Potato Jam)
Instead of buying the industrialized version of this delicious dessert, try making the sweet brown icing at home!
2 kg of sweet potatoes
48g unflavored colorless gelatin powder
4 cups of refined sugar
Water to hydrate the gelatin
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into medium pieces, place in a pressure cooker and add water until covered.
- Place the pan on the fire and as soon as it reaches pressure, let the potatoes cook for 10 minutes. Wait for the pressure to release before opening the pan and removing the potatoes.
- Separate 4 tablespoons of the sugar and place it in a pan. Place the still hot potatoes in a food processor or blender, add the rest of the sugar and blend well.
- Melt the sugar in the pan until it turns into caramel and add the potato dough. Stir constantly and after it starts to boil, cook for another 10 minutes, always stirring well.
- Hydrate the gelatin following the instructions on the package, remove the potato mass from the heat, add the gelatin and mix well.
- Pour the dough into an oil-greased English cake pan and leave the dessert in the fridge overnight, or until it is very firm.
- After it is well chilled and firm, unmold the sweet potato jam if you prefer and the dessert is ready to serve.