Make a delicious homemade mayonnaise to eat with snacks!
Make your homemade mayonnaise using the ingredients below and following the step-by-step preparation instructions.
1 egg at room temperature
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 cup vegetable oil (such as canola or sunflower oil)
- Initial preparation: Make sure the egg is at room temperature. This helps the mayonnaise emulsify more easily.
- Starting mix: In a blender or food processor, add the egg, mustard, vinegar or lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Emulsification: Start mixing these ingredients on low speed. Meanwhile, start adding the oil very slowly. Start with a few drops and gradually increase the flow of oil as the mixture begins to thicken. The mixture will begin to get thicker and creamier as the oil is incorporated.
- Continue adding oil: Continue adding the oil in a thin stream until the mayonnaise reaches the desired consistency. The more oil you add, the thicker the mayonnaise will be. Remember to go slowly to ensure proper emulsification.
- Seasoning Adjustment: Taste the mayonnaise and adjust the salt, pepper, and acidic flavor (vinegar or lemon juice) as needed to suit your preferences.
- Storage: Transfer the homemade mayonnaise to a clean, airtight jar. It can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week.