Let’s make an economical and delicious Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream recipe! Check out:
Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
For your Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream to be perfect, use the ingredients below and follow the preparation instructions.
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup of cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
A bit of salt
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional, for more texture and chocolate flavor)
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until it begins to boil. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent the milk from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the milk is hot, add the cocoa powder and sugar. Stir well until the cocoa and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cream, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt. Stir well until all ingredients are completely combined.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until very cold.
- Once the mixture is cold, pour it into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.
- If using chocolate chips, add them to the ice cream maker in the last few minutes of the freezing process.
- When the ice cream is ready, transfer it to an airtight container and place it in the freezer for a few more hours to firm up even more before serving.