This fried tapioca biscuit is very tasty and easy to make. It’s very economical too!
Fried Tapioca Biscuits
See the list of ingredients needed to prepare your fried tapioca biscuits. Follow the instructions below:
500g sour cassava starch
2 cups of boiling water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of salt
Grated cheese to taste (optional)
- Place the cassava starch in a large bowl.
- Boil the water and, while it is boiling, pour it over the tapioca starch. Mix well until you obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Add the oil to the hot tapioca pasta and mix well until completely incorporated.
- Let the batter cool slightly, as you don’t want the eggs to cook when added. When the dough is warm, add the eggs and salt. Mix well.
- If you want to give your cookies extra flavor, add grated cheese to the dough and mix well.
- Preheat a pan with vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Make sure the oil is hot enough for frying.
- With damp hands, take small portions of the dough and shape the cookies. You can make balls or whatever shape you prefer.
- Fry the biscuits in batches in the hot oil until they are golden and crispy. This usually only takes a few minutes.
- Remove the biscuits with a slotted spoon and place them on paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve the fried tapioca biscuits while they are still hot. They are delicious on their own or with coffee or tea.