Let’s make cornmeal bread for your breakfast and afternoon! A simple, easy recipe that looks great!
See the list of ingredients needed to make your Cornmeal Broa, using the step-by-step preparation method.
2 cups of cornmeal
1 cup of wheat flour
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Minas cheese or coalho cheese (optional), cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a bread or cake pan with a little oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, wheat flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs lightly and add the milk and oil. Mix well.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until you obtain a homogeneous dough. If you are using cheese, add the cubes to the dough and mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and level the surface.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for around 30-40 minutes, or until the bread is golden and when you insert a toothpick in the center, it comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before unmolding.
- Serve the cornmeal bread in slices, accompanied by coffee, tea or whatever you prefer.