Simple to make and with a special flavor, this Christmas pudding (or tone pudding) transforms the end of year festivities!
Christmas Pudding (Tone Pudding)
Bring together the delicious flavor of panettone with the creamy texture of pudding with this Christmas pudding!
4 small eggs or 3 large eggs
1 box of condensed milk (395g)
1 measure of milk carton
250g chopped panettone
100g candied fruit
10 chopped cherries
- Syrup Ingredients
3/4 cup (tea) water
1 cup (tea) sugar
- In a blender place the eggs, condensed milk and milk. Beat for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Melt the sugar in a pudding mold, add the water and mix over the heat until it melts again and forms a caramelized syrup.
- Add the candied fruits and chopped cherries to the syrup and then pour in the blender mixture.
- Chop the panettone and add it to the pudding dough. Press them down with a spatula to moisten them well.
- Place the pudding mold inside a larger mold filled with hot water until almost half full for a bain-marie.
- Cover the pudding mold with aluminum foil if you prefer and bake in a bain-marie in a preheated oven at 180º₢ for around 45 to 60 minutes.
- Wait for the pudding to cool and turn it out onto a plate or platter. Leave it in the fridge for a few hours and the Christmas pudding is ready.