Make cassava broth with this simple, easy recipe that is very delicious!
Make cassava broth using the ingredients below and following the step-by-step preparation instructions. It will be delicious!
500g cassava, peeled and cut into pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 liter of chicken or vegetable broth (or water, if you prefer)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Chopped green chives (parsley and chives) to finish
- In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until transparent.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté for a few more seconds, until the aroma releases.
- Add the cassava pieces to the pan and sauté briefly, mixing them with the onion and garlic.
- Pour enough chicken or vegetable broth into the pan to cover the cassava. If you prefer a thicker broth, add less liquid.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook the cassava until it is soft and can be easily crushed with a fork. This may take around 20 to 30 minutes depending on the size of the cassava pieces.
- Remove the pan from the heat and use an immersion blender to process the soup until you have a smooth, creamy broth. If you prefer, you can transfer the soup to a conventional blender, but be careful when handling hot liquids.
- Return the pan to the heat and heat the cassava broth again. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- When serving, sprinkle chopped green chilli over the cassava broth.
- Serve the cassava broth hot as a starter or main course. It can be accompanied by bread, toast or pieces of grilled curd cheese.