Bruschetta is a delicious Italian starter that combines toasted bread with fresh tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and herbs. It’s a simple and versatile recipe that can be customized according to your taste.
To make delicious Bruschetta in a simple and easy way, use the ingredients below and follow the step-by-step preparation instructions.
4 slices of Italian bread or baguette
2 ripe tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Fresh basil leaves (optional)
Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- While the oven is heating, cut the tomatoes into small cubes and place them in a bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. If desired, add some chopped basil leaves for more flavor.
- Peel the garlic cloves and cut them in half.
- Place the bread slices on a baking tray and place in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes, or until they are lightly golden. This will give the bread a crunchy texture on the outside, but it should still be soft on the inside.
- Remove the bread from the oven and rub one side of each slice with the halved garlic. The garlic will add a subtle flavor to the bread.
- Drizzle the bread slices with a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil.
- Distribute the seasoned tomato cubes over the bread slices.
- If desired, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top of the bruschetta.
- Return the bruschetta to the oven for another 5-7 minutes, or until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted (if using).
- Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh basil leaves and drizzle with more olive oil, if desired.
- Serve immediately while hot and crispy.