Vaca Atolada is a delicious Brazilian recipe that combines beef rib meat with cassava (cassava) in a tasty broth.
Below is the recipe to prepare this delicacy:
1 kg of beef ribs in pieces
500g cassava (cassava) peeled and cut into medium pieces
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 medium onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 liters of water
2 bay leaves
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Chopped green chives (parsley and chives) to finish
- In a pressure cooker, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add the rib pieces to the pan and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Let the meat brown on all sides.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and bay leaves to the pan. Sauté for a few more minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Place the cassava (cassava) cut into pieces in the pan.
- Add enough water to cover all ingredients in the pressure cooker.
- Close the pan and let it cook over medium-high heat. Once the pan reaches pressure, lower the heat to medium-low and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and wait for the pressure in the pan to release naturally before opening.
- Check the doneness of the cassava and meat. If necessary, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the bay leaves from the pan.
- Finish with chopped green chillies on top to give the dish a fresh and tasty touch.