Shall we make beef stroganoff for lunch and dinner? Check out this easy and simple recipe!
Check the necessary ingredients and follow the step-by-step preparation instructions for your beef stroganoff to be successful.
500g beef (filet mignon, rump, or other tender meat), cut into thin strips
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can of cream (without whey)
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon of ketchup
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup mushrooms (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup brandy (optional)
White rice and straw potatoes to accompany
- In a large pan, heat the butter (or vegetable oil) with the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and chopped garlic, sautéing until they are golden and aromatic.
- Add the meat strips to the pan and let it brown, stirring occasionally so that it cooks evenly.
- If you want to flambé the meat with brandy, tilt the pan a little so that the alcohol in the brandy catches fire and flambés the meat. Take care when doing this and keep your face and hands away from the flames. Wait for the fire to go out naturally.
- Add tomato sauce, mustard and ketchup to the meat. Mix well so that all the ingredients are incorporated.
- If desired, add the mushrooms at this time, as they will add additional flavor to the stroganoff.
- Lower the heat and let the stroganoff cook for a few minutes so that the flavors come to the fore.
- Then add the whey-free cream (if you prefer, you can heat the cream separately a little before adding it, to prevent it from curdling).
- Mix well and cook for a few more minutes until the sauce thickens a little.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, adjusting according to your preferences.
- The beef stroganoff is ready to be served! Serve it with white rice and straw potatoes to accompany.