Make a great Barbecue Sauce for your barbecue meats. Check out the recipe below so you can make your own!
To make your Barbecue Sauce, use the ingredients below and follow the step-by-step preparation instructions. Check out the recipe:
1 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon mustard
1 teaspoon chili powder (you can adjust the amount to control the spiciness)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
Salt to taste
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients: ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Place the pan over medium heat and stir well to mix all the ingredients.
- When the mixture starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the sauce for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will allow the flavors to blend and the sauce to thicken a bit.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed. If you want it sweeter, add a little more brown sugar; if you want it spicier, add more chili powder; and so on. Add salt to taste.
- Continue cooking for a few more minutes if you want a thicker sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the sauce cool.
- Once cooled, you can use the barbecue sauce immediately or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few weeks.