Make a delicious Banana Farofa to accompany your lunch and dinner. The recipe is simple and easy!
See our Banana Farofa recipe and follow the preparation instructions to make your Banana Farofa delicious!
2 ripe, firmer bananas
2 cups of cassava flour
1/2 chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter or oil
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Start by peeling the bananas and cutting them into thin slices. Reserve.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter or oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until it becomes transparent and starts to brown.
- Add the banana slices to the pan and cook for a few minutes, stirring gently, until the bananas are lightly browned.
- If using raisins, add them to the skillet and mix.
- Gradually add the cassava flour to the pan, stirring constantly so that everything is well incorporated. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring regularly, so that the farofa absorbs the flavors and becomes slightly crunchy.
- Season the farofa with salt and black pepper to taste. Remember to taste and adjust the seasoning to your preference.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and transfer the banana farofa to a serving plate.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped parsley on top of the farofa to decorate and add a touch of freshness.
- Serve the banana farofa while still hot as an accompaniment to meat, poultry, fish or other savory dishes. It can also be a great option to accompany barbecues.